Arc The Lad 2 Walkthrough
Note: This is the HMTL version of the Arc the Lad 2 Walk-Through Guide v1.00 authored by Iwata Shoji. Material that was inapplicable has been omitted.
Editor's Note: Here is an early version 1.00 of walkthrough guide. Please note that unlike its predecessor, Arc 1, this sequel now requires a fair level of understanding of the Japanese language. As this is a walkthrough, intended in assisting gamers in finishing the game, translation of the story line unfortunately will not be thoroughly discussed. More information on the "how-to" controls/menu, blacksmith weapon upgrade/item combine shops, and tips/tricks will be updated within the next posted version. -Iwata Shoji
Getting Started: The Controls: Converting your saved data from for use in Arc 2. The main menu will present to you 2 main options: "START" => Begin the game without using any saved data/stats from Arc the Lad 1. "CONVERT" => Load your saved data/stats from Arc 1 and apply them for later use in the game. However, please note that you won't meet Arc and the rest of the old party until much later in the game.
To save your game during your quest. To Save: A log book will usually be present at the place where you rest. Clicking on the book will bring up a menu screen, where you will be able to save your current game.
To Rest: In every town you come across, there will be a resting area or room, usually a hotel or simply a room with a bed. Clicking on the bed will replenish your character's HP/MP status.
1. Arc's Room: In The Town Of Parodius: Upon awaking from ELK's haunting flashback of his village's massacre, you will now be able to control ELK. Head towards the exit of the room. You will encounter BIBIGA, who will inform you to go to the "Guild" (also known as the bounty hunter's headquarters), regarding a new job. Talk to him again - he will ask you if you are ready to go. Choose the top choice to confirm. Talk to the guy at the front desk window. He will give you instructions for your new job. Your task: At the Aldeia airport, you are to investigate and subdue a suspected villain reported to have unique abilities. Head towards the exit and talk to BIBIGA. Choose the top choice for both questions to confirm your departure.
2. Aldeia Airport: A little sequence will take place. Elk will later burst into the scene. Your first battle will take place against the villain. Follow the villain to the air craft.
3. Inside The Aircraft: Go into the first room. A little sequence will take place. After meeting LEEZA, proceed on through the corridor, and talk to the soldier lying on the ground. Proceed on past the corridor stairs. You will face off against the villain again. Prepare for another battle. A sequence will follow. From the overview land map, head towards the town of Indegos, located to the bottom right area of the map.
4. Town Of Indegos: During the sequence, you will also meet SHU. SHU will advise you to find a doctor by the name of LADO, who can heal LEEZA's injuries. Your task: Explore the town and find information leading to the whereabouts of LADO, the doctor. Leave the SHU's apartment, and explore the town. (NOTE: In every town, there will be a town guide who will show you the key areas and shops of the town. In the town of Indegos, the guy standing just left of SHU's building is the town guide.) Go to the "guild", located near the center of the town. Talk to the guy at the window and the guy standing in the corner. Go to the bar/pub, located right above the guild. Talk to the bar tender. He will tell you that LADO just left bar, and headed out to the ghost town, located just to the left of Indegos. Leave the town. From the overview map, go to the ghost town.
5. Ghost Town: A little sequence will take place. A battle will promptly take place. Head back to the town of Indegos.
6. Back In Indegos: Go back to SHU's room, where LEEZA is resting. A sequence will follow, as LEEZA and ELK introduce each other. Leave the building. Go to the guild. Talk to the guy at the window - he will offer you a job at the town of Ageto. Choose the top choice to take the job.
7. Incident At Ageto: A battle sequence will take place. During the following sequence, you will encounter SHIANTE for the first time, who will help ELK and LEEZA escape.
8. Back In Indegos Go back to SHU's apartment. (NOTE: Do NOT sleep yet - or you will miss out on SHIANTE's scene.) Once you have SHU back in the party, promptly return to the bar. Sit back and enjoy SHIANTE's performance. (very soothing) Go to the guild - talk to the guy at the window. Choose the top choice to sign up for some new jobs. There will be 3 jobs available at this time: 1.Indegos's Sewer Problem: Go down to the sewers and investigate what is clogging the town's sewers. 2.Ghost Town: Investigate a building that is rumored to be haunted. 3.Indegos Jewelry Shop: The jewelry shop of Indegos is rumored to be robbed soon. Investigate and stop the thieves at all costs. Depending which tasks you take on fist, simply go to the area accordingly, and defeat the enemies at each battle scene. Go ahead and rest, to replenish your characters before battle. (NOTE: In order to follow the jobs, you must have selected them first at the guild.) (Indegos Sewer Problem): Slime! Find them, and eradicate 'em. (Ghost Town): Go to the building with the open entrance. You must fight a lost spirit, who will take on the form of a skeleton warrior. (Jewelry Shop): Go to the jewelry shop, and talk to the lady at the front desk. Choose the top choice to confirm that you are ready. Your task here is to stop the thieves at all costs. Don't let a single robot escape! After stopping the thieves, go to the bar and talk to the bartender. Return to SHU's apartment. Go back to the bar. A sequence will take place. You will encounter a master monk - a battle will promptly take place. After the battle, a long sequence will follow. Finally, ARC will be revealed! Soon after, you will take part as Arc's role. If you converted your game from an old saved game in Arc 1, you will quickly notice that the monsters are of no match to you. Back to ELK, you now must head towards Prodius, to rescue Shiante.
9. Prodius: After the sequence, go ahead and explore the town. Get accustomed to the various shops, esp. the guild. Leave the town. Head to the air craft, where BIBIGA will be waiting for you.
10. Air Craft Site: A sequence will follow with BIBIGA. Talk to BIBIGA - he will give you a ticket. Leave the airship site, and head to the island located right below the town of Prodius.
11. Statue Island: A long sequence will follow. Upon crash landing on the remote village of YUDO, explore the area and become accustomed to the location.
12. Remote Island: Leave the village and explore the island. Return to the village of YUDO and go back to the house where you awoke. The room in the basement will now be accessible, where you will find your air craft. After the sequence, leave the house, and head to the temple.
13. In The Temple: Your task: Find and rescue RIA, the daughter of the old inventor. You can find RIA at the 3rd dungeon level.
14. Back In The Village Of Yudo: After the sequence, you will be asked to retrieve the broken robot from the temple. Go back to the temple and obtain the robot.
15. In The Temple: Upon encountering JEEK-BEK, the broken robot, he will tell you that he needs a "power unit" in order to become mobile. Find the "power unit", hidden within the depths of the temple maze. Upon giving the power unit to JEEK-BEK, a sequence will follow.
16. Back At The Village Of Yudo: Go to the bedroom and take a rest. Another sequence will follow. Go downstairs - a battle will take place. After the sequence, your air craft will be fully repaired. The inventor (the old man) will also advise you to come back to the island, as he will have the robot fixed and ready to accompany later. From the map, select the land of Aldeia.
17. Aldeia: Head to the town of Indegos. Go to the guild - talk to the guy at the window. Collect whatever money is due to you, and sign on any jobs that appeal to you. Go to SHU's apartment. A sequence will follow. You are to meet SHIANTE at the bar in the morning. Go to the bar/pub. SHIANTE will be waiting. SHIANTE will tell you to come back tomorrow morning - in the mean time, you can take care of a job from the guild. Go to SHU's apartment - a sequence will follow. You will face a battle against JEEN. Go to the bar/pub - SHIANTE will be waiting for you. SHIANTE will tell you that she can only take you to the mafia's layer. She will ask you if you are ready - choose the top choice to confirm. From the overview map, go to GARUANO's Mafia headquarters.
18. Garuano: Mafia Layer: Inside, a battle sequence will follow. SHIANTE will lead you to a door - however, it is locked. You must find the key. Search for the key within the 4 rooms of the building. Be prepared - many of the rooms are infested with monsters. The room with the key is located in the far right room. After fighting the enemies in that room, go back to the main door, where SHIANTE was standing. Open the door that was locked. JEEN, the once-friend-of-ELK-now-turned-monster, will appear once again, accompanied by monsters of the sort. A battle sequence will follow. After defeating JEEN, GARUANO, the head of the Mafia, will appear. You learn that SHIANTE had no choice but to deceive you, as her brother was under the mafia's control. But moreover, you find out that - surprise, surprise - the villain ELK faced at the air ship from the very beginning of the game, was in fact SHIANTE's brother! A battle sequence will follow. After the battle, you find out that the real GARUANO is not present, but rather an impostor. After the sequence, the scenery will switch over to a sequence with Arc and the old crew.
19. Back In Indegos: Your task: Find the "white house", where it is rumored that it is the primary lab for spawning the monsters. Leave the town of Indegos. Go to the air craft and fly over to the island of Yudo. By now, the robot will be ready for you to pick up.
20. Island: Village Of Yudo: Go to the inventor's house. Talk to him and then go to the large room. JEEK-BEK will be ready to join your party. The inventor will also give you several items/parts for JEEK-BEK. Although JEEK-BEK cannot gain levels, he can be "upgraded" with various parts that will boost his power significantly. Go ahead and equip him with the new parts. Leave the island. From the overview map, head to the land of western Aldeia.
21. Western Aldeia: Go to the Saruba desert. A battle will promptly take place.
22. Saruba Desert: Make your way through the desert area -- be prepared for various groups of monsters to attack one after another. You will eventually get to a path in the desert that will lead you to a resting point. Rest, replenish, and buy whatever necessary items. Proceed through the "forest of no return" (translated)
23. Forest Of No Return: This is pretty much a forest maze. Make your way through, as you will encounter groups of monsters as well. This maze can get rather annoying, as it tends to seemingly lag on and on and on... After your long journey through the forest, a sequence will follow.
24. The "White House": Underground Passage: To your right, there will be a ladder. Go up the ladder to enter a resting/replenishing area. Save your game as well. Make your way through the underground passages. There will be switches/levers to open and close doors. You will come across a room with 3 doors, 2 of which are opened via a switch next to them. You will be given a choice if you want to change your character party selection at this point. (Top being "Yes", Bottom being "No") The door on the right contains the switch to open the middle door. The door on the left contains monsters, but also a treasure chest. Proceed through the middle door. Battle your way through the hordes of monsters. Deep within the corridors, you will eventually come across a room with an enormously GIGANTIC robot. Fight him with everything you've got - you'll need it. After the bridge appears, proceed on past the door. The main lab is just ahead. Yet another battle will follow, as you stopped the monster just in time before the testing. A sequence will follow, as ELK was able to save MIRIREL - who is ELK's childhood girlfriend. Follow MIRIREL - She will lead you to the "children's lair". After the "children" morph into the warriors, prepare for yet another battle. As ELK and MIRIREL fall into the pit, prepare for a battle against each other. Sit back and watch the long sequence of events. (Arc to the rescue!)
25. On Board The Silvernoah Airship: Upon switching over to LEEZA, go to the main helm of the ship. Talk to Chopin, the helmsman at the controls.
26. White House: Arc's Revenge: Switching scenery, you will now have control over ARC. Make your way through the corridors, as you are in search of Lord Andel, the evil dictator well known from Arc 1. Upon finally meeting Lord Andel, a sequence will follow.
27. Toville: (KUKURU will finally make her appearance in the game!) Now with the controls shifting over to SHU, explore the area of Toville, an area once infested with monsters in Arc 1. After talking with Chopin, the helmsman of the Silvernoah, You must now head back to the temple and talk to KUKURU. KUKURU will ask if you really are determined to leave in search of vengeance against GARUANO. (Top choice = "yes", Bottom choice = "Think it over") Choose the top choice for both questions. KUKURU will then teleport you to the town of Palencia, in the land of Sumaria.
28. Sumaria: Town Of Palencia: Explore the town. Become accustomed with the various sections of the town. Leave the town. From the overview, go to the "downtown", located to the left of Palencia.
29. Downtown: Go to the bar/pub. Find and talk to PEPE, who is sitting on a couch, located near the far upper right area of the bar. PEPE will only help you if you buy him a drink first. Top choice = "Buy him a drink" , Bottom choice = "Don't buy") Choose the top choice. After he sits down for a drink, talk to him again. He will tell you to go to the Kuina fields and obtain 4 "shining stones". He will agree to take you to Romania if you get him the stones. Leave the town. From the overview, head to the Kuina fields, located to the western edge of Sumaria, near all the mountains.
30. Kuina Fields: There will be 2 dragons - battle against them. After defeating them, you will obtain 1 "shining stone". Go out and back into the Kuina fields - repeat the process 3 more times until you have all 4 shining stones. Head back to downtown.
31. Downtown: Go to the bar/pub and talk to PEPE again. He will ask you if you are ready to go. Choose the top choice to confirm. A sequence will follow.
32. On Board: Now that you have boarded the ship headed to Romania, you must proceed through the corridors of the ship. Make your way through the maze - use the levers to open/close various doors. Go to the room with many planes. Prepare for a battle. You will be given an option during the sequence. Choose the top choice to pull the right lever. Another sequence will follow. SHIANTE will then meet ELENA and GURUGA.
33. Town Of Kurenia: Leave the room and talk to the guy at the front desk. He will tell you that GURUGA has gone to the nearby Rocklands. Head to the nearby rocklands, located just right of the town.
34. Rocklands: A battle sequence will take place. Head back to the town of Kurenia.
35. Town Of Kurenia: Go back to the building where GURUGA is. Talk to the guy at the front desk. Agree to take a rest for the night. Go to the arena, located towards the top of the town. Talk to GURUGA. And so the tournament begins... Return to the building where GURUGA is and rest. Head back to the arena stadium and talk to GURUGA. Sit back and enjoy the final fight. Return to GURUGA's house. Upon finding ELENA missing, leave the town and head to the house located by the far eastern edge of the island.
36. House: Make your way through the house, in search of ELENA.
37. Back In The Town Of Kurenia: Leave the building. A sequence will follow - the scenery will switch over to ELK and LEEZA.
38. Back In Toville With Elk, Leeza, And Kukuru: Leave the temple and board the Silvernoah airship. Head to the town of Ramuuru.
39. Town Of Ramuuru: Rest and replenish yourself. Explore the town. Head out to LEEZA's home village, Homun.
40. Entrance To Homun: You will encounter several monsters lurking around. Prepare to battle them. After defeating them, go and search the rock that is blocking your path. You must now go back to the town of Ramuuru, to find someone help you move the rock.
41. Town Of Ramuuru: Search the town - talk to the townspeople. Search near the far eastern edge of the town. A sequence should initiate, as the guards take you away to the underground dungeon. You will encounter an old, old, old alley - GOGEN!!! Once having escaped the dungeon, head back to the entrance to the village of Homun.
42. Village Of Homun: Be prepared for yet another battle, as you will be surrounded by monsters at the bridge. Proceed to the house on the very top of the village. After the battle, leave the town. From the overview, head to the secret passage, where the monster fled through. It will be identified on the overview as '???'.
43. Kimera Laboratory: Make your way through the corridors and puzzles. A sequence will follow - the scenery will switch over to ELK. Prepare for another battle. Go find KUKURU - you must go to the town of Palencia. JEEK-BEK will accompany you. Talk to KUKURU to confirm that you ready to go.
44. Palencia: Head to the Palencia castle ruin, located to the north eastern area.
45. Palencia Castle Ruins: You will encounter POCO, the ever so popular klutz from Arc 1. Accompanying POCO, make your way through the depths of the Palencia castle ruins. In the main laboratory, ELK will be confronted by the mystical fire spirit. POCO will give you a warp stone, to which you can use to teleport back to Toville (where KUKURU is). Go ahead and use the warp stone.
46. Back In Toville: Before leaving, you may want to rest and save the game at this point. Talk to KUKURU again, and choose the top choice to confirm that you are ready to go to the Palencia tower. She will also give you a warp stone, so that you can return to Toville any time. A sequence will follow.
47. Palencia: Head towards the Palencia Tower, located just below the town of Palencia.
48. Palencia Tower: Make your way through the corridors, in search for POCO and JEEK-BEK. Upon finding POCO and JEEK-BEK, battle your way through the depths of the corridors. Upon falling in the dungeon cell, use the different combination of the levers to open passages. Another battle will promptly take place. You will come across 2 stair cases. The one of the left will lead you to the captives. After freeing the captives, POCO will ask you if you want to rest before proceeding on. To rest, choose the top choice. Before managing to escape, ELK is confronted by some soldiers and Lord ANDEL himself. Prepare yourself for another battle. The scenery will switch over to POCO and the captives. Upon awaking the monsters, protect the captives from the monsters. A sequence will follow, as everyone is teleported back to Toville.
49. Toville: Rest and replenish your characters. Leave the temple and board the Silvernoah airship. The scenery will switch over to SHU in the run-down town of KUZU.
50. Town Of Kuzu: Go to the bar/pub - talk to the bartender. He will tell you to find a guy by the name of MORRIS, who will show you the way to Romania. (Before leaving the bar, you will also find TOSH - my favorite character - sitting around, drinking) Leave the bar/pub. A battle will promptly take place. Go to the inn and talk to the woman at the front desk. She will tell you that MORRIS is in the room next door. MORRIS will tell you to find and talk to a red-haired guy at the bar (TOSH). Go back to the bar/pub and talk to TOSH. Prepare for a battle against TOSH - use the debris and rocks to your advantage, as SHU has more range. Follow TOSH to the upper room in the bar. Talk to TOSH once more to confirm that you are ready. He will then join you. Leave the town. Head to the Romania tunnel system - battle will follow. Return to the town of KUZU. Head to the bar/pub - upon finding the entire resistance murdered, you will be confronted by the monsters responsible. A sequence will follow. Back with TOSH and SHU, leave the town. Head to the Romania tunnel once more. Using TOSH, you must buy SHU some time, by battling as much monsters for around 20 turns. NOTE: Use the item SHU gave you at the last moment - use it if you have fought the 20 rounds or if you need to escape. Switching over to SHU, you must set the bombs at the same time as warding off the monsters. Use your turns wisely. Once completed, you will be treated with a CG sequence. A sequence will follow, as all the character party groups begin to head towards the main laboratory in Romania.
51. Inside The Romania Tunnel: As TOSH and SHU proceed through the depths of the Romania tunnels, you encounter GOGEN and LEEZA - However, they are impostors. Prepare to battle against the impostors. Switching over to the real LEEZA and GOGEN, make your way through until you encounter SHU and TOSH - However, they are impostors. Prepare to battle the impostors. Switching over to ELK's party, pull the 2nd lever from the right side. Pulling any other lever will attract monsters. ELK will encounter ARC and KUKURU - however they are impostors. Prepare to battle against the impostors. Switching over to SHIANTE and GURUGA, you will encounter ELK, LEEZA, and SHIANTE's brother. They too are impostors. Prepare to battle against them. Switching over to IGA, explore each room. Go to the room on the very right. A battle awaits you. Finally, once all the real character groups gather together, make your way through the stairways. You will come across a room with 6 ELK impostors. You will also come across a room with 6 TOSH impostors. Once ARC reveals himself, prepare for a final battle against GARUANO himself. Upon defeating GARUANO, talk to CHONGARA at the station. Follow CHONGARA to the Silvernoah airship.
52. Greyshina: Town Of Peisus: From the overview map, head over to the town of Peisus, located just to the right of the Silvernoah. Rest and replenish your characters. Leave the town and head to the Ramada temple.
53. Ramada Temple: There, you will encounter SANIA, a fortune teller from the village of Millmana. Head back to the town of Peisus. Go to the library - you will find the temple scripture stolen. SANIA will then use her abilities to identify the thief. You must search and find the person matching the picture of the thief. After finding 11 similar looking guys, none of which is the thief, you must go back to the library, second floor, and talk to the guy. He will tell you that the real thief escaped to the Noyamu fields.
54. Noyamu Fields: Upon encountering the real thief, a battle will promptly take place. After retrieving the temple scripture/scroll, go to the Ramada hills, located just above the Ramada temple. A sequence will take place. Head off to YAGUN's base, located in the area just below the Silvernoah airship.
55. Yagun's Base: A battle will soon follow. After the sequence, leave the town and board the Silvernoah airship.
56. On Board The Silvernoah: CHONGARA will give you a brief explanation of the various lands of the land. Click on the (X) button to leave the map overview. CHONGARA will then ask if you are ready - choose the top choice to confirm. From the map overview, you will now have the freedom of exploring whichever lands you wish to go. Head to the volcano island of Burakia - go to the town of Luwaga, located near the center of the island.
57. Island Of Burakia: Town Of Luwaga: A battle sequence will promptly take place. Head into the house located near the center of the town. After talking to the guy, go to the mansion of RAIGARU.
58. In The Mansion: Hordes of monsters await you - prepare to battle. Upon reaching the main room, you will be confronted by RAIGARU - who has seemingly manipulated ELENA into opposing GURUGA. A sequence will follow. Leave the building and go back to GURUGA's room. Another sequence will follow. Leave the town and head off to the Banza mountain, located within the area of the volcano.
59. Banza Mountain: Make your way through the cave - prepare for HORDES of zombies and ogres. Upon reaching the top, a sequence will follow. Prepare to face off against RAIGARU. Another sequence will follow. Your task here is done - board the Silvernoah. From the map overview, head to the land of Forres, to the village of HOMUN (LEEZA's home village).
60. Forres: The Village Of Homun: In the village of Homun, LEEZA will find her village in ruins. Go to LEEZA's house - a battle will soon follow. Leave the village - go to the town of Ramuuru.
61. Town Of Ramuuru: Go to the inn - a sequence will take place. Once you leave the town, go to the Gia temple. A battle will take place.
62. Inside The Gia Temple: Make your way through the halls of the temple. A sequence will take place. Follow the priests through the secret passage behind the alter. You will come across several puzzles within the depths of the corridors. A sequence will follow (very emotional scene). Prepare to battle the monsters. From the overview, board the Silvernoah airship. Another sequence will follow. Go to the land of Araratos.
63. Araratos: Chongara's Shop: If you go to CHONGARA's shop, you can pick up TONS of useful items. Use this chance to greatly "upgrade" your characters with new weapons and relics. NOTE: This is specifically a feature that takes advantage if you converted from a previous game in Arc 1 - the items you used to have in Arc 1 will mostly be there. Leave the town and board the Silvernoah. From the map overview, head to the land of Millmana.
64. Millmana: Town Of Ajaaru: In the town of Ajaaru, go to the bar. Talk to LOAN, the guy with the glasses. He will tell you that YAGUN's army has begun expanding out. Leave the town and board the Silvernoah. From the map overview, a new location will be available, located just to the right of Millmana. Click on it - A sequence will follow. Return to Millmana - go back to the town of Ajaaru. Talk to LOAN once more. Leave the town and go to the Nihen forest.
65. Nihen Forest: Make your way through the forest. Split your characters into 2 groups. After the sequence, make your way through the corridors. After defeating the soldiers inside, a sequence will follow - seemingly showing YAGUN's well-deserved death and the destruction of his fort. (or is he dead....?) From the overview, head back to the town of Ajaaru and talk to LOAN at the bar. Leave the town and head to the Toyooke forest, located to the farthest extended area of the island.
66. Toyooke Forest: A sequence will follow. Board the Silvernoah airship and from the map overview, go to the sea station.
67. Sea Station: Make your way through the station corridors. Upon going down the elevator, you will encounter YAGUN, whose true identity was masked by the monkey. A battle sequence will promptly follow. You will have 20 minutes to find the submarine and get out of the station! Run! After managing to escape, leave the town and board the Silvernoah airship. You will now have 2 tasks to complete: 1.Land of Barabaraado 2.Land of Amiigu From the map overview, go to the land of Barabaraado.
68. Barabaraado: Go to the pyramid - after the sequence, go to the town of Muhado and head off to the guild. Talk to LATA, the guy standing by the window, and then talk to the guy at the front desk. Head towards the exit - after LATA talks to you, follow him to the bar. Talk to LATA once more - he will ask you to fight a raven monster at the KANARA desert. Leave the town and head to the Kanara desert, located just to the right of the town.
69. Kanara Desert: Battle against the raven. During the following sequence, you will be given 3 choices: 1.Kill the raven. 2.Let it live. 3.Take its eggs. Choose the 2nd choice - however, it is not necessary. Return to the town of Muhado.
70. Town Of Muhado: Go to the bar to talk to LATA - a sequence will follow. Leave the tent/camp and go to the Teyuke cave.
71. Teyuke Cave: Battle your way through the cave. Upon finding the mother of LATA, return to the Saryu camp.
72. Saryu Tent Camp: Go to LATA's tent - a sequence will follow. Leave the camp and head towards the pyramid.
73. Pyramid: Prepare to battle. Inside, if you come across some sphinx, as with the myth, you must answer the riddles correctly to pass - if incorrectly answered.... Upon reaching the final room, prepare for a battle against the general. A sequence will follow, showing the destruction of the pyramid. After leaving the pyramid, board the Silvernoah and head off to the land of Amiigu.
74. Amiigu: Town Of Molea: After meeting the 2 townspeople, go to the bar. Go to the next room inside - you will meet two townspeople once more. Choose the top choice to confirm. Follow the 2 townspeople. Meeting with the village head, choose the top choice to listen to his dilemma. Choose the top choice once more to confirm your mission. Leave the building and exit the town from the BACK, so you can get to the tower. Go to the tower, located to the far eastern area of the island.
75. The Tower: A sequence will follow - battle your way up the tower, using the telepods/transport mats. You will come across a puzzle where the ground panels are made up of flipping squares and diamonds. NOTE: Should you get stuck, remember that to use the "redo" option, which is the 6th choice from the top of the action menu. Upon encountering the robot boss, you will not be able to attack until the 2 townspeople unknowingly remove the power cell from the machine core. Now, attack! A sequence will follow.
76. Back In The Town Of Molea: Leave the town and board the Silvernoah - a sequence will take place. Your next mission will take place in Sumaria. From the map overview, go to the land of Sumaria.
77. Sumaria: A sequence will take place. Go to the temple - talk to KUKURU. She will advise you to go to the Palencia tower. Talk to her once more and choose the top choice to have her teleport you to the Palencia tower. Leave the town of Palencia and go to the downtown area.
78. Downtown Area: Go to the bar and talk to the bar tender. A sequence will take place. TOSH will find out that his father is alive, but..... Switching over to ARC, leave the Silvernoah. Go to the temple and talk to KUKURU. She will teleport you to Palencia. Another sequence will follow. Leave the town of Palencia and head off to the Palencia tower.
79. Palencia Tower: Upon finding TOSH, a battle will promptly take place. Battle your way through the tower corridors. After reaching the 99th level, the scenery will switch over to the village of Toville, where KUKURU will be attacked by monsters. Pick from the remaining characters and prepare for a battle. The scenery will switch back to the Palencia tower. Prepare for a 1-to-1 battle between TOSH and his father, MONJI. A sequence will follow - in the next room, you will find ARC's mother held captive by the monsters! But what's this?......ARC's father to the rescue!!! Prepare for a battle. A long sequence will soon follow. (Farewell, father...) You will have to choose one of your characters to travel back in time. Choose your strongest character.
80. Back In Time: Arc 1: After choosing your character, KUKURU will teleport you back in time, to the point where ARC 1 left off! Find KUKURU - follow her up through the temple and battle the monsters. She will then teleport both of you to the tower of Palencia. Go to the Palencia castle.
81. Palencia Castle Ruins Battle your way through the castle ruins. Go to the underground lab - after you obtain the fire power from the spirit, you must go to the 4 remaining lands to obtain the other powers, accordingly. Head off to the Palencia airport. A sequence will take place. Go to the land of Greyshina.
82. Greyshina: From the overview, go to the Ramada temple.
83. Ramada Temple: After the sequence, prepare for a battle. Go to the Ramada hills, located just above the temple.
84. Ramada Hills: Prepare for yet another battle. Upon receiving the earth power, return to the airport and choose the second choice to go to the land of Neederu.
85. Neederu: Town Of Misulo: Upon arriving in the town of Misulo, a sequence will follow. Explore the town and house - you should come across a house with a young girl. Talk to her and she will tell you that the monsters are in the stadium/arena. Go to the stadium/arena - prepare yourself to fight monsters with only KUKURU. After obtaining the wind power, head off the airport. Choose the top choice to confirm for the land of Araratos. Go to Araratos.
86. Araratos: Go to the Azenta cave - battle the monsters. After defeating the monsters, you will come across a robot that is blocking your way. Nothing will hurt it, so return to the town of Gazaruna.
87. Town Of Gazaruna: Talk to the townspeople - one of them will tell you of a person at the inn who can help you. Go to the inn - head to the far upper right room. After talking to the old man, leave the building. Talk to the townspeople once more. Go to the building on the lower-right area. Talk to the doctor - he will ask you to give some of the medicine to the old man in the inn. Return to the inn, to the room with the old man. The old man will ask you to find a necklace. Go to the weapon/item shop. Talk to the guy with the green backpack. He will give you the necklace.........for 1000 gps. Choose the top choice to confirm. Now, return to the inn, where the old man was. Leave the town and head off to the Azenta cave once more.
88. Azenta Cave: Battle the monsters once more. After obtaining the light power, return to the airport. Choose the second choice to confirm in going to the land of Aribacha.
89. Aribacha: Go to the town of Elzark. Leave the town and go to the statue ruins, located far below the town.
90. Statue Ruins: Battle your way through the monsters. You will find a force field surrounding the entrance to the cave. Return to the town of Elzark.
91. Town Of Elzark: Go to the guild. A sequence will follow. Leave the town and go to the Saryu ruins, located within the canyons.
92. Saryu Ruins: Prepare for a battle. From the overview, head back to the statue ruins.
93. Statue Ruins: Prepare for a battle. After obtaining the water power, go to the airport. Choose the second choice to go to the land of Sumaria. Go to Sumaria.
94. Sumaria: Go to the town of Palencia. Choose the 1st choice to confirm going to Toville.
95. Toville: Go to the temple. After confronting Lord Andel, prepare to battle the monsters. You will then be teleported back into your own time. Leave the temple and board the Silvernoah. You will be split into 2 groups - choose your characters.
96. Ice Caves: Battle your way through the ice caves. Upon reaching the 8th floor/level, you will finally confront Lord ANDEL. A sequence will follow. Upon returning to Toville, at KUKURU's temple, leave the temple and board the Silvernoah. From the map overview, go to the land of Romania.
97. Romania: Go to the rural town of KUZU - a sequence will follow. Prepare for battle. Head to the bar - yet another battle will take place. Go in the bar - talk to the guy standing. Follow him into the other room. A battle will take place. Leave the town - head to the Romania tunnel system.
98. Romania Tunnel: Battle your way through the hordes of monsters. You must last out 8 rounds, in order to buy some time for the resistance groups. Battle your way through the depths of the corridors. Be prepared, for the monsters are at a fairly high level. After defeating the hordes of monsters in the Romania inner city, you will meet with the Resistance leader. Use this precious opportunity to rest and replenish your characters. Also remember to save.
99. Romania: The Inner City: Now, in order to open the 5 gates, you must find 5 levers which are scattered and hidden throughout the inner city. Search the homes and battle the monsters. After opening all 5 gates, head to the center core of the tower. You will be confronted by General SALBADO's troops. Prepare for battle. A sequence will follow. Upon meeting CHONGARA, he will ask you if you are ready to board the Silvernoah and face off against General SALBADO. Top Choice: You are ready to go. Bottom Choice: Wait - you have something else you want to do. If you choose the bottom choice and decide to hold off for awhile, you will be given another set of choice: Top Choice: Return to the rural town of Kuzu. Bottom Choice: Board the Silvernoah and visit a different land. !! NOTE: I highly advise you to hold off for now, and gear up your characters with more experience points, level ups, new weapons, and items. Use this final chance to explore the many secret dungeons and areas - particularly the bounty jobs. Once you head into the core of the Romania crystal tower, there is no turning back...
100. Romania: The Final Journey Within...: A sequence will take place. Leave the Silvernoah and battle your way through the depths of the dark tower crystal. You will eventually come across a huge hallway with six separate rooms. 6 of your characters must go into each of these rooms. 1.ARC: Arc will confront Kukuru (or so it seems). Choose the second choice and prepare to fight. 2.POCO: Poco will confront his childhood bullies. Choose the second choice and prepare to fight. 3.TOSH: Tosh will confront his brother. Prepare to fight. 4.IGA: Iga will confront his pupils from his temple. Prepare to fight. 5.GOGEN: Gogen will confront his old friends from Sumaria. Choose the second choice and prepare to fight. 6.ELK: Elk will confront Mirirel. Prepare to fight. Proceed up through the corridors. You will eventually come across a room with 4 separate rooms and a crystal in the middle of the room. Battle through each room. After battling your way through all 4 rooms, search the crystal. A new path will be revealed. You will finally encounter General SARUBADO! NOTE: Be prepared - General SARUBADO will extremely tough. He will have 2,200 hps, and his mechanical/crystal minions will inflict quite a bit of damage as well. Use your healer frequently to stay alive. Try not to group all your characters in a single spot, as General SARUBADO's attacks has a wide range.
101. The Final Confrontation: A sequence will follow. The scenery will switch over to KUKURU. Using KUKURU, prepare to fight the evil spirit boss. Switching back to the character party, prepare to face off against the final boss of the game. NOTE: For the 1st round, the final boss will pack over 4,000 hps and will unleash a few devastating spells here and there. Attack him without spells as best as you can, for you still have another round with him! As with the final round, the final boss will reveal his true form, and will pack 9,999 hps, not to mention unlimited amounts of magic points to unleash his devastating magic spells! Keep your distance and DO NOT have your characters formed in a single group. Have them spread out, and not too close to the boss. Keep your healers handy and alive at all costs, or else you will be dead before you even realize it. And with the power of all 5 elements, ARC strikes the final, fatal blow upon the evil spirit! As the sequence rolls on by, showing the devastation caused by the upbringing of the evil spirit, ARC and KUKURU's spirits bids farewell to the rest of the characters.... ...ending this truly tragic yet dramatic quest of Arc's epic saga... (ending credits rolls by....piano sonata BGM...)
Copyright © 1996 Iwata Shoji, HTML version © 1997 Al Amaloo. All rights reserved.
Back to My PlayStation Walkthroughs Page Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org